The European Tourism Futures Institute (ETFI) is calling for papers to be submitted for a conference on ‘The Future of Event Legacies’ at Stenden University Qatar from the 21st to 23rd of October 2013.
The conference will try to understand whether major international events such as the Olympic Games or Football Championships provide sufficient cultural, social and economic benefits to the host communities or, if in fact they do more harm than good.
The conference will address the following questions:
• To what extent have events in the past contributed to sustainable growth?
• What is the future of event legacies?
• Where and when have events led to oversupply, e.g. in hospitality services?
• How have hospitality businesses evolved in post-event years, and which business strategies have originated from these situations?
• Which policies to adapt event-specific investments for post-event purposes have proven successful?
• Which lessons can be learned from previous experiences to rationalize event investments in infrastructure, hospitality and tourist businesses?
Submit your contributions in relation to the above by 30th May 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.